VON DOHREN WORKING TOWARD 11TH MODIFIED TITLE AT GRANDVIEW, BRIAN HIRTHLER LEADS SPORTSMAN POINTS
WINGLESS SUPER SPORTSMAN, MODIFIEDS AND SPORTSMAN IN TRIPLEHEADER SATURDAY
$10,000 TO WIN 50TH ANNUAL FORREST ROGERS MEMORIAL SET FOR MODIFIEDS AUGUST 1ST
BECHTELSVILLE, PA JULY 21, 2020 . . . Ten time NASCAR track Modified champion Craig Von Dohren is working toward an 11th title as he sits on top of the T.P.Trailers Modified point standings with 1058 points. In the T.P.Truck Equipment Sportsman division Brian Hirthler, a past champion, is leading the standings with 857 points. Both divisions of racing are part of the NASCAR Advance Auto Parts Weekly Series that encompasses tracks from across the nation.
Close behind Von Dohren, one feature win to his credit, is Doug Manmiller who has 1049 counters to his credit. Duane Howard, a six time Modified kingpin and defending champion, is third with 1016 points. Jared Umbenhauer, a three time Sportsman champ, holds on to fourth with 1010 points followed by Ryan Grim with 837 points.
Close behind Hirthler in the Sportsman chase is Jack Butler with 817 tallies. Third is Brad Arnold having earned 795 points. Chris Esposito holds on to fourth at 740 counters followed by Mark Kemmerer who has earned 737 points.
There have been 44 Modified racers and 45 Sportsman talents earn points so far this season.
Wingless Super Sportsman racers will be the attraction along with the T.P.Trailers Modifieds and T.P.Truck Equipment Sportsman when Grandview Speedway offers fans an exciting tripleheader show on Saturday, July 25th. And there is no increase in admission with adults paying just $15 and all under 12 being admitted free. Spectator gates open at 5:30 p.m. and pits open at 4 p.m. Racing gets the green flag at 7:30 p.m.
The Low Down & Dirty Meet & Greet will feature Modified racer Louden Reimert and Wingless Super Sportsman drivers Steve Wilburn and Rohan Beasley. It all gets started in the front gate area at 5 p.m.
Fans attending events at Grandview are reminded to practice social distancing. Masks are recommended but not mandatory and if you are not feeling well please consider staying at home.
Coming up on Saturday, August 1st is the 50th Annual Forrest Rogers Memorial dedicated to the man who had the idea and then created the one-third-mile, clay banked speedway that has become one of the most successful weekly short tracks in the nation. Modifieds will be racing for $10,000 to win. Sportsman will be the second part of the doubleheader. Adult admission is $25, youngster 6 thru 11 pay just $5 and those under 6 are admitted free.
Long time fan Jim Gilmore has posted $200 for the leader of Lap 7 in the Rogers Memorial in the name of the late Charley Gilmore who was a standout racer at Grandview for many years.
For additional information check in at www.grandviewspeedway.com, Facebook or telephone 610.754.7688.
UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR T.P.TRAILERS NASCAR
MODIFIEDS AS OF JULY 18, 2020
1. Craig Von Dohren, Oley, PA #1C 1058*
2. Doug Manmiller, Shoemakersville, PA #44M 1049
3. Duane Howard, Oley, PA #66/357H 1016
4. Jared Umbenhauer, Richland, PA #19 1010
5. Ryan Grim, Laury’s Station, PA #17 837
6. Craig Whitmoyer, Hamburg, PA #99 798
7. Jeff Strunk, Boyertown, PA #126 780
8. Louden Reimert, Oley, PA #16 777
9. Rick Laubach, Hellertown, PA #7L/18/14 755
10. Brett Kressley, Orefield, PA #19K 692
11. Ryan Lilick, Collegeville, PA #49 645
12. Dylan Swinehart, Fleetwood, PA #81 634*
13. John Willman, Birdsboro, PA #74W 583
14. Mike Gular, Boyertown, PA #2A 576*
15. Mike Lisowski, Minersville, PA #15 574
16. Kyle Weiss, Hamburg, PA #21K 522
17. Justin Grim, Orefield, PA #61 493
18. Clay Butler, Bloomsbury, NJ #4B 488
19. Briggs Danner, Allentown, PA #78 472
20. Kevin Hirthler, Boyertown, PA #117 448
21. Ron Kline, Salford, PA #3 447
22. Brad Grim, Allentown, PA #23 447
23. Dan Waisempacher, Springtown, PA #01 438
24. Ryan Watt, Boyertown, PA 14W 420
25. Tim Buckwalter, Douglassville, PA #23X 404
26. Eric Biehn, Barto, PA #87 390
27. T J Lilly, Pen Argyl, PA #17L 363
28. Brett Gilmore, Fleetwood, PA #7B 359
29. Joe Funk, Coopersburg, PA#14R 306
30. Ray Swinehart, Boyertown, PA #33 288
UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR T.P. TRUCK EQUIPMENT NASCAR
SPORTSMAN AS OF JULY 18, 2020
1. Brian Hirthler, Green Lane, PA #4* 857*
2. Jack Butler, Phillipsburg, NJ #5 817*
3. Brad Arnold, Bethel, PA #27 795*
4. Chris Esposito, Hatfield, PA #31A 740
5. Mark Kemmerer, Green Lane, PA, PA #F10 737
6. Ryan Beltz, Barto, PA #221 734
7. Brad Brightbill, Sinking Springs, PA #19 675
8. Kyle Lilick, Collegeville, PA #104 673
9. Brandon Edgar, Lehighton, PA #57 586
10. Jimmy Leiby, Milford, NJ #9L 570
11. Nate Brinker, Allentown, PA #14 542
12. Kyle Smith, Fleetwood, PA #77 504
13. Ryan Higgs, Nazareth, PA #16 464
14. Parker Guldin, Fleetwood, PA #11 417
15. Jesse Leiby, Milford, NJ #66 393
16. Decker Swinehart, Fleetwood, PA #38 366
17. Mike Mammana, Nazareth, PA #31 306
18. Nathan Mohr, East Greenville, PA #17M 301
19. Ken Eckert Jr., Orwigsburg, PA #29 300
20. Lex Shive, Pennsburg, PA #5K 291
21. Scott Kohler, Boyertown PA #12S 280*
22. Jesse Landis Gilbertsville, PA #973 238
23. Dean Bachman, Emmaus, PA #65 217
24. Kenny Gilmore, Fleetwood, PA #7 210
25. Tom Miller, Bechtelsville, PA #77T 209