PAST CHAMPIONS CRAIG VON DOHREN AND BRIAN HIRTHLER CONTINUE TO LEAD NASCAR POINT CHASE AT GRANDVIEW; TRIPLEHEADER RACING ON SATURDAY
BECHTELSVILLE, PA August 11, 2020 . . . The battle continues at Grandview Speedway. With just five races remaining that count toward the NASCAR track championships Craig Von Dohren sits on top of the T.P.Trailers NASCAR Modified point standings with 1882 tallies. Von Dohren has won ten titles at the Bechtelsville clay oval during his career. Close behind is veteran Doug Manmiller with 1824 points. Manmiller is seeking his first track title. Defending champion Duane Howard who earned his first win of the season last Saturday is third in the standings with 1682 points.
In the T.P.Truck Equipment Sportsman point chase Brian Hirthler is looking for his second championship. At present Hirthler is in front of the standings having earned 1412 counters while second spot is held by Brad Arnold with 1287 points.
There has been six different feature winners in the Modified point races while each week in the Sportsman action there has been a new winner showing how competitive the racing action has been each Saturday night.
More than 90 different racers have scored points in the two divisions of racing that are part of the NASCAR Advance Auto Parts Weekly Series made up of tracks across the country.
Von Dohren and Brian Hirthler will lead a strong field of racers as they take part in the Saturday, August 15th, tripleheader show featuring the T.P.Trailers NASCAR Modifieds, T.P.Truck Equipment Sportsman and Outlaw Vintage racers. Last Saturday’s winners, Duane Howard and Brad Brightbill, both defending champions, will be looking for wins the second week in a row. Spectator gates swing open at 5:30 pm. With the first racing event getting the green flag at 7:30 p.m. Adult admission for the tripleheader is just $15 while youngsters under 12 are admitted free. Pit admission with license is $35 and without $40.
Reminder: No NASCAR license is required for crew or fans. Drivers can purchase temporary licenses good for one event or 15 day license.
The weekly Meet & Greet, now titled as “Da Rev’s Meet and Greet” will get started at 5 p.m. in the main gate area and feature Jared Umbenhauer and his #19 along with John McGovern and the #327 Sportsman. And representing the Outlaw Vintage Racers will be Jay Garis with his #7. The Meet & Greet is now hosted by track chaplain, Pastor Don Kerns.
On Saturday, August 22, another exciting doubleheader with Modifieds and Sportsman will be offered. And then on Saturday, August 29, Excel 600 Modifieds are combined with the Mods and Sportsman for another exciting tripleheader.
Lap sponsorships, $20 each, for the 50th annual Freedom 76, set for Saturday September 19, remain available by contacting Tommy Kramer or Tina Rogers at the track.
Information on racing at Grandview Speedway is available at www.grandviewspeedway.com, Facebook or telephone 610.754.7688.
UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR
MODIFIEDS AS OF AUGUST 8, 2020
1. Craig Von Dohren, Oley, PA #1C 1882*
2. Doug Manmiller, Shoemakersville, PA #44M 1824
3. Duane Howard, Oley, PA #357H 1682*
4. Jared Umbenhauer, Richland, PA #19 1661
5. Jeff Strunk, Boyertown, PA #126 1413
6. Brett Kressley, Orefield, PA #19K 1410*
7. Ryan Grim, Laury’s Station, PA #17 1402
8. Louden Reimert, Oley, PA #16 1392
9. Craig Whitmoyer, Hamburg, PA #99 1224
10. Briggs Danner, Allentown, PA #78 1177
11. Mike Gular, Boyertown, PA #2A 1162*
12. Kevin Hirthler, Boyertown, PA #117 1096**
13. Rick Laubach, Hellertown, PA #7L/18/14 1073
14. Justin Grim, Orefield, PA #61 1000
15. Ryan Lilick, Collegeville, PA #49 915
16. Mike Lisowski, Minersville, PA #15 858
17. Ryan Watt, Boyertown, PA 14W 837
18. Kyle Weiss, Hamburg, PA #21K 818
19. Dan Waisempacher, Springtown, PA #01 788
20. Dylan Swinehart, Fleetwood, PA #81 780*
21. Brad Grim, Coplay, PA #23 729
22. Kenny Gilmore, Fleetwood, PA #7K 706
23. John Willman, Birdsboro, PA #74W 651
24. Eric Biehn, Barto, PA #87 620
25. Ron Kline, Salford, PA #3 607
26. Brett Gilmore, Fleetwood, PA #7B 547
27. Joe Funk, Coopersburg, PA#14R 492
28. Clay Butler, Bloomsbury, NJ #4B 488
29. Ray Swinehart, Perkiomenville, PA #33 478
30. Bobby Gunther Walsh, Allentown, PA #65 470
UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR
SPORTSMAN AS OF AUGUST 8, 2020
1. Brian Hirthler, Green Lane, PA #4* 1412*
2. Brad Arnold, Bethel, PA #27 1287*
3. Ryan Beltz, Barto, PA #221 1254
4. Mark Kemmerer, Green Lane, PA #F10 1209
5. Kyle Lilick, Collegeville, PA #104 1159*
6. Jack Butler, Phillipsburg, NJ #5 1151*
7. Chris Esposito, Hatfield, PA #31A 1149
8. Brad Brightbill, Sinking Springs, PA #19 1092*
9. Nate Brinker, Allentown, PA #14 1088
10. Jimmy Leiby, Milford, NJ #9L 1025
11. Kyle Smith, Fleetwood, PA #77 1008
12. Jesse Leiby, Milford, NJ #9 (332) 929
13. Dakota Kohler, Kutztown, PA #59K 706
14. Mike Mammana, Nazareth, PA #31 675
15. Decker Swinehart, Fleetwood, PA #38 630
16. Lex Shive, Pennsburg, PA #5K 599
17. Cole Stangle, Neshanic Station, PA #20C 595
18. Brandon Edgar, Lehighton, PA #57 586
19. John McGovern, Bechtelsville, PA #327 577
20. Kenny Bock, Birdsboro, PA #6 556
21. Nathan Mohr, Exeter, PA #17M 506
22. Jesse Landis, Gilbertsville, PA #973 487
23. Ryan Higgs, Nazareth, PA #16 474
24. Parker Guldin, Fleetwood, PA #11 447
25. Derrick Smith, Telford, PA #20 392
25. B J Joly, Oley, PA #924 392
* denotes feature win (Feature wins listed are only for those that are
NASCAR point events.)