BECHTELSVILLE, PA August 9, 2009 . . . The granddaddy of all the area big money stock car racing events, the 38th annual BPG Racing Freedom 76, is set for Saturday, September 12th. The $20,000 to win race is expected to attract many of the top talents in dirt track modified stock car racing to Grandview Speedway for this prestigious event.
Race director Mike Kelly has announced that there will be no changes in the rules for the 2009 BPG Freedom 76.
The important rules for racers to be aware of include:
* Grandview, Big Diamond and DIRT 10.5-1 Brodix spec head and current Grandview and Big Diamond 9-1 cast iron head engines with a 363 cubic inch maximum engine displacement will be permitted. 750 CFM maximum size carburetor, alcohol or gasoline will be permitted. * All carburetors must have stock venturi and booster dimensions. * * * * *Engines are subject to a spot check both before and after the race events.
* Current dimension and style dirt bodies, no sail panels permitted
* Car must weigh 2350 lbs with the driver.
* Any American Racer tire, maximum size 29/11, will be allowed.
* Aluminum wheels will be allowed but no dzus fastened wheel covers.
* Cockpit adjustable components, except pan hard rod, are not permitted.
Any questions regarding rules for the Freedom 76 should be directed to Mike Kelly at email@example.com.
Lap sponsorships are available for the BPG Racing Freedom 76 for just $10 per lap. At present 60% of the laps have been spoken for. A lap sponsorship includes a choice of laps, public address announcements and listing in the official BPG Freedom 76 Grandview Groove track magazine.
For information or to sponsor a lap contact Ernie Saxton at 215.752.7797 or Esaxton144@aol.com.
There are also marketing opportunities for the BPG Racing Freedom 76 which includes qualifying event sponsorships, the Cash Dash and more.
Grandview Speedway, a NASCAR sanctioned short track, continues to present NASCAR Whelen All American Series 358 Modifieds and Late Models on Saturday nights. Just four Saturdays remain in the point chases for both divisions with the BPG Racing Freedom 76, a non point race, being the biggest event of the season at the Berks County clay oval.
Race information is available at 610.754.7688 or check in at www.grandviewspeedway.com.