RULES FOR $20,000 TO WIN BPG RACING FREEDOM 76 ANNOUNCEDGrandview PR
BECHTELSVILLE, PA August 13, 2008 . . . With less than a month to go before the BPG Racing Freedom 76 Modified Classic is presented at Grandview Speedway on Saturday, September 13th interest is running high.
The 38th annual race, the richest event of its type in the tri-state area, will reward the winner with $20,000 plus lap money and other perks.
Race director Mike Kelly, in an effort to make sure there are no misunderstandings regarding rules for the event, has released the following rules.
* Grandview, Big Diamond and DIRT 10.5 -1 Brodix spec head and current Grandview and Big Diamond 9-1 cast iron head engines with a 363 cubic inch maximum engine displacement will be permitted.
* 750CFM maximum size carburetor, alcohol or gasoline will be permitted.
* All carburetors must have stock venturi and booster dimensions.
* Engines are subject to a spot check both before and after the race events.
* Current dimension and style dirt bodies are allowed, no sail panels permitted.
* Cars must weigh at least 2350 pounds with the driver.
* Any American Racer tire, maximum size 29/11, will be allowed.
* Aluminum wheels are allowed but dzus fastened wheel covers are not permitted.
* Cockpit adjustable components, except pan hard rod, are not permitted.
Any questions regarding rules for the BPG Racing Freedom 76 should be directed to Mike Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lap sponsorships and qualifying event sponsorships are now available for the biggest race of the season.
Lap sponsorships are just $10 except for laps 10,20,30,40,50,60,70, and 76 which are priced at $25. Each lap sponsor will receive public address announcements and will be listed in the official souvenir track magazine.
Qualifying event sponsorships are priced at just $200 and include a program book ad, acknowledgement in program and public address announcements.
Arrangements for lap and event sponsorships can be made through Ernie Saxton at 215.752.7797 or Esaxton144@aol.com.
Advance tickets for the BPG Racing Freedom 76 will go on sale at the track on Saturday, August 23rd. Adult tickets are priced at $25 while kids, 6 through 11, pay just $7 and children under 6 are admitted free.
Grandview Speedway continues to present NASCAR sanctioned stock car racing each Saturday night starting at 7:30 p.m.
The one-third-mile, banked clay track is located on Passmore Road, just off Route 100, in Bechtelsville, PA, 10 miles north of Pottstown. For information telephone 610.754.7688 or check in at www.grandviewspeedway.com