THE MONTH OF JUNE WILL BE A BUSY ONE AT GRANDVIEW SPEEDWAY
RICK LAUBACH AND BRAD GRIM LEAD THE NASCAR POINT STANDINGS
N.J.WINGLESS SPRINTS INVITED TO RACE IN WINGLESS SUPER SPORTSMAN SHOW ON JUNE 22
BECHTELSVILLE, PA May 28, 2019 . . . With five Saturday nights of NASCAR stock car racing along with some special events the month of June at Grandview Speedway will be a busy one.
On Saturday, June 1, the first time appearance of the Central Penna Legends cars will be part of a tripleheader show that also features the T.P.Trailers Modifieds and T.P.Truck Equipment Sportsman. The good news for fans is that the 7:30 p.m. show will not see a price increase. Adults will be admitted for just $15 while youngsters under 12 will get to be part of the excitement for FREE. This will also be the first of six events seen on RCN-TV at a later date.
The always popular Low Down and Dirty Meet & Greet, set for a 5 p.m. start, will feature Modified standout Craig Whitmoyer and recent Sportsman feature winner Nathan Mohr.
Going into Saturday night’s racing Rick Laubach of Hellertown, PA has taken over the top spot in the T.P.Trailers NASCAR Modified standings with 1499 points giving him an edge of nine points over 10 time champion Craig Von Dohren who has1490 counters. Von Dohren has two wins while Laubach, on his first full season at Grandview, has not claimed a win. Duane Howard, a five time champion, is third with 1310 points and no wins. Brett Kressley, a two feature winner, is fourth with 1293 tallies followed by Frank Cozze at 1283 points.
In the T.P.Truck Equipment NASCAR Sportsman Brad Grim of Coplay, PA continues to sit on top of the standings with 1280 point. Second spot is held by Brad Brightbill with1263 counters and two wins. Brian Hirthler, a past champion, is third with 1232 points and one win.
Whelan Engineering, a longtime supporter of NASCAR, will be the sponsor of the June 8th doubleheader featuring the action packed NASCAR 358 Modifieds and Sportsman.
On Tuesday, June 11, the first of five of the exciting Thunder on the Hill Series events will be presented. The Jesse Hockett Classic will feature the United States Auto Club (USAC) National Wingless Sprint Tour along with the always popular 358 Modifieds. Racing action will get the green flag at 7:30 p.m.
Another doubleheader show of Modifieds and Sportsman will be the attraction on June 15th and will be seen on a delayed basis on RCN-TV.
And on Saturday, June 22nd the popular Wingless Super Sportsman will make their one and only appearance of the season as part of a three division show that will also include the Modifieds and Sportsman. A challenge has been issued with the N.J. Wingless Crate Sprints being invited to come race with the Super Sportsman. That event will pay $1,000 to win.
Outlaw Enduros and Blast from the Past Vintage racers will be back in action on Sunday, June 23rd at 1 p.m.
And another tripleheader Saturday night show will feature the Mid-Atlantic Sprint Series, their second appearance of the season, along with the Modifieds and Sportsman on June 29th closing out the month of auto racing excitement.
A full schedule of events for 2019 can be found at www.grandviewspeedway.com along with other track information. The track phone number is 610.754.7688.
UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR
MODIFIEDS AS OF MAY 25, 2019
1. Rick Laubach, Hellertown, PA #7L 1499
2. Craig Von Dohren, Oley, PA #1C 1490**
3. Duane Howard, Oley, PA #66/357H 1310*
4. Brett Kressley, Orefield, PA #19K 1293**
5. Frank Cozze, Wind Gap, PA #4 1283
6. Kyle Weiss, Hamburg, PA #21K 1216
7. Doug Manmiller, Shoemakersville, PA #44M 1211
8. Ryan Grim, Laury’s Station, PA #17 1167
9. Craig Whitmoyer, Hamburg, PA #99 1154
10. Jared Umbenhauer, Richland, PA #19/1H 1121
11. Tim Buckwalter, Douglassville, PA #23X 1003
12. Jeff Strunk, Boyertown, PA #126 970*
13. Louden Reimert, Oley, PA #16 961
14. Alex Yankowski, Covington Twp., PA #84Y 934
15. Kevin Hirthler, Boyertown, PA #117 932
16. Danny Erb, Boyertown, PA #44 863
17. Briggs Danner, Allentown, PA #6/78D 654
18. Kenny Gilmore, Fleetwood, PA #OG7/14 635
19. Clay Butler, Bloomsbury, NJ #4B 626
20. Mike Lisowski, Minersville, PA #15 606
21. Ray Swinehart, Perkiomenville, PA#33 561
22. Ryan Lilick, Collegeville, PA #49 558
23. Eric Biehn, Barto, PA #87 500
24. Dan Waisempacher, Springtown, PA #01 489
25. Jordan Henn, Kutztown, PA #77H 467
26. Dylan Swinehart, Fleetwood, PA #81 467
27. Ron Kline, Salford, PA #355 465
28. Mike Laise, Pottstown, PA #6 453
29. Ritchie Hitzler, Lebanon, PA #22 418
30. Skyler Sheriff, Auburn, PA #33S 410
UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR
SPORTSMAN AS OF MAY 25, 2019
1. Brad Grim, Coplay, PA #13 1280
2. Brad Brightbill, Sinking Springs, PA #19 1263**
3. Brian Hirthler, Green Lane, PA #4*/117 1232*
4. Jack Butler, Phillipsburg, NJ #5 1230*
5. Mark Kemmerer, Green Lane, PA, PA #F10 1141
6. Brad Arnold, Bethel, PA #830 1134
7. Kyle Lilick, Collegeville, PA #104 1058
8. Ryan Beltz, Barto, PA #221 938
9. Andrew Kreis, Boyertown, PA #6K 900
10. Kyle Smith, Fleetwood, PA #77 878
11. Dean Bachman, Emmaus, PA #65 866
12. Lex Shive, Pennsburg, PA #5K 658
13. Brandon Edgar, Leighton, PA #57 655*
14. Nate Brinker, Allentown, PA #14 616
15. Nathan Mohr, East Greenville, PA #17M 596*
16. Josh Adams, Douglassville, PA #44A 570
17. Kenny Bock, Birdsboro, PA #6 565
18. Mike Mammana, Nazareth, PA #31 537
19. Andy Clemmer, Bechtelsville PA #127 525
20. Jesse Landis Gilbertsville, PA #976 521
21. Scott Kohler, Boyertown, PA #12S 455
22. Derrick Smith, Telford, PA#20 439
23. Joe Vaccaro, Reading, PA #38 358
24. Aaron Bowes, Nazareth, PA #4 355
25 Nate Klinger, Lake Wynonah, PA #4K 326
* denotes feature win (Feature wins listed are only those that are NASCAR point events.)