VINTAGE RACERS, MODIFIEDS AND SPORTSMAN IN TRIPLEHEADER ACTION ON SATURDAY
SEPTEMBER 20TH FREEDOM 38 FOR SPORTSMAN PAYS $2000 AND NO LICENSE OR ENTRY FEE REQUIRED
HOWARD HOLDS ON TO TOP SPOT IN MODIFIED POINTS, BRIGHTBILL STILL ON TOP IN SPORTSMAN
BECHTELSVILLE, PA September 3, 2019 . . . The popular Blast from the Past Vintage racers are part of another tripleheader show on Saturday, September 7 along with the T.P.Trailers NASCAR 358 Modifieds and T.P.Trucks NASCAR Sportsman racers at Grandview Speedway. Racing gets the green at 7:30 p.m. Spectator gates open at 5:30 p.m.
Last Saturday’s Sportsman feature winner Brad Arnold and Modified racer Ron Kline, who enjoyed his best effort of the season last Saturday, will have their cars on display and will be meeting fans as part of the weekly Low Down and Dirty Meet & Greet starting at 5 p.m.
Duane Howard, the five time Modified champion, continues to lead the standings with 4608 points. Brett Kressley has moved into second with 4197 counters followed by ten time champion Craig Von Dohren at 4192. Doug Manmiller holds fourth with 3872 followed by Rick Laubach’s 3834. In Sportsman competition Brad Brightbill is the man to beat with 3707 points. Second spot is held by Brad Grim at 3363 points while third belongs to two time champion Brian Hirthler at 3351 followed by Kyle Lilick with 3281 counters and Saturday night feature winner Brad Arnold has 3188. Eighteen races have been completed in each division.
The final NASCAR point races of the season are set for Saturday, September 14 as WNPV-AM Radio Champion’s Night is presented. The T.P.Trailers NASCAR 358 Modifieds and T.P.Trucks Equipment Sportsman will battle it out for the lucrative championships and top point finishing positions.
Fans will have the opportunity to win pairs of tickets for the NASCAR Monster Energy Cup race, October 6, at Dover International Speedway along with a four pack of “ride all day with coaster” tickets to the popular Knoebel’s Park, America’s largest free admission park which features the #1 Wooden Roller Coaster in the world, the Phoenix, all courtesy of WNPV.
Bound to get more attention for the Friday, September 20th is the fact that the Freedom 38 Sportsman race will be paying $2,000 to win with the top finishing Crate racer earning an extra $100. There is no license required and there is no entry fee. The Mid-Atlantic Sprint Series will also be part of the doubleheader show along with practice for the Modifieds entered in the Saturday Freedom 76.
Lap sponsorships and heat race sponsorships for the September 21st Freedom 76 are available $20 for laps and $200 for a heat race. Check in with Tina Rogers or Tommy Kramer at the track. Telephone Ernie Saxton at 267.934.7286 for complete information. Doug Manmiller Electric and Stoudt Auto Sales have signed up to sponsor qualifying heat races along with BFP Specialties and Bashore Trucking while T.P.Trailers and Truck Equipment are sponsoring ten laps.
And don’t forget that advance tickets are on sale for the 49th Annual Freedom 76 set for September 21. Buy in advance and pay $35 while on race day an adult ticket will run $40.
Enduro fans should get out their calendar and mark down these dates. Enduro and Vintage racing happens at Grandview on Saturday, September 28th, as long as it is not needed as a rain date for the Freedom 76, and again on Sunday, October 20 (a demo derby is included with this one).
UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR
MODIFIEDS AS OF AUGUST 31, 2019
1. Duane Howard, Oley, PA #66/357H 4608*****
2. Brett Kressley, Orefield, PA #19K 4197**
3. Craig Von Dohren, Oley, PA #1C 4192****
4. Doug Manmiller, Shoemakersville, PA #44M 3872*
5. Rick Laubach, Hellertown, PA #7L 3834*
6. Jared Umbenhauer, Richland, PA #19/1H 3763
7. Jeff Strunk, Boyertown, PA #126 3484****
8. Kevin Hirthler, Boyertown, PA #117 3407
9. Frank Cozze, Wind Gap, PA #4 3230
10. Alex Yankowski, Covington Twp., PA #84Y 2983
11. Louden Reimert, Oley, PA #16 2912
12. Ryan Grim, Laury’s Station, PA #17 2866
13. Kenny Gilmore, Fleetwood, PA #OG7/14 2406
14. Craig Whitmoyer, Hamburg, PA #99 2328
15. Kyle Weiss, Hamburg, PA #21K 2300
16. Mike Lisowski, Minersville, PA #15 2297
17. Tim Buckwalter, Douglassville, PA #23X 2223
18. Briggs Danner, Allentown, PA #6/78D 2205
19. Dylan Swinehart, Fleetwood, PA #81 1998*
20. Ray Swinehart, Perkiomenville, PA#33 1963
21. Ron Kline, Salford, PA #355 1901
22. Danny Erb, Boyertown, PA #44 1890
23. Brett Gilmore, Fleetwood, PA #7 1795
24. Ryan Lilick, Collegeville, PA #49 1764
25. Joe Funk, Coopersburg, PA #14RR 1694
26 Clay Butler, Bloomsbury, NJ #4B 1542
27. Jordan Henn, Kutztown, PA #77H 1410
28. Richie Hitzler, Lebanon, PA #22 1389
29. Justin Grim, Orefield, PA #611/61 1377
30. Dan Waisempacher, Springtown, PA #01 1302
UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR
SPORTSMAN AS OF AUGUST 31, 2019
1. Brad Brightbill, Sinking Springs, PA #19 3707****
2. Brad Grim, Coplay, PA #13 3363
3. Brian Hirthler, Green Lane, PA #4*/117 3351**
4. Kyle Lilick, Collegeville, PA #104 3281*
5. Brad Arnold, Bethel, PA #830 3188*
6. Mark Kemmerer, Green Lane, PA, #F10 3022
7. Jack Butler, Phillipsburg, NJ #5 2952**
8. Kyle Smith, Fleetwood, PA #77 2875
9. Dean Bachman, Emmaus, PA #65 2455
10. Ryan Beltz, Barto, PA #221 2268
11. Jesse Landis Gilbertsville, PA #976 2170
12. Andrew Kreis, Boyertown, PA #6K 2147
13. Mike Mammana, Nazareth, PA #31 2013
14. Kenny Bock, Birdsboro, PA #6 1916
15. Lex Shive, Pennsburg, PA #5K 1902
16. Parker Guldin, Fleetwood, PA #11 1832**
17. Brandon Edgar, Leighton, PA #57 1676*
18. Nathan Mohr, East Greenville, PA #17M 1522*
19. Nate Brinker, Allentown, PA #14 1488
20. Chris Esposito, Hatfield, PA #31A 1314
21. Derrick Smith, Telford, PA#20 1232*
22. Scott Kohler, Boyertown, PA #12S 1215
23. Sean Weiss, Gilbertsville, PA #24 1171*
24. Josh Adams, Douglassville, PA #44A 1124
25. Tom Miller, Gilbertsville, PA #77T 1068*
* denotes feature win (Feature wins listed are only for those that are NASCAR point events.)