HOWARD AND BRIGHTBILL BATTLE FOR NASCAR AND TRACK TITLES AT GRANDVIEW WITH JUST FIVE POINT EVENTS REMAINING LAP SPONSORSHIPS REMAIN AVAILABLE FOR $25,000 TO WIN FREEDOM 76 ON SEPTEMBER 21 ADVANCE TICKETS ON SALE NOW FOR 49TH ANNUAL FREEDOM 76Grandview PR
BECHTELSVILLE, PA August 14, 2019 . . . With just five point races remaining in the 2019 season at Grandview Speedway five time champion Duane Howard has less than a 100 point edge over ten time titleholder Craig Von Dohren in the chase for the T.P.Trailers NASCAR 358 Modified title. The two Oley, PA racers have each been to victory lane four times this season with Howard taking home $10,000 as the winner of the 49th annual Forrest Rogers Memorial last Saturday. At present he has 3770 points while Von Dohren has earned 3696 points.
Early season point leader Brett Kressley is third with 3409 counters followed by Doug Manmiller at 3300 and Rick Laubach holding fifth with 3171 tallies.
In the T.P.Truck Equipment Sportsman division veteran racer Brad Brightbill of Sinking Spring, PA is setting the pace in the championship battle. He has tallied 3167 points and has won three features. He has been a contender in just about every race and now holds almost a 300 point lead over Brad Grim, who sits with 2894 points. Third in the standings is former champion Brian Hirthler with 2881 tallies. Sitting in fourth with 2814 points is Kyle Lilick followed in fifth by Mark Kemmerer with 2586 points.
So far 15 point races have been run in each division with just five to go. There have been 11 winners in the Sportsman division and 6 different winners in the Modifieds. In the Sportsman there have been 45 racers compete while the Modifieds have had 59 racers earning points.
The big event of the season is set for Saturday, September 21st, with the running of the 49th annual Freedom 76 paying at least $25,000 to win. However this race offers no points toward the championship. By that date the NASCAR track titles will have been decided.
Advance tickets for the Freedom 76 are now on sale. Mail a check or money order covering the number of tickets being ordered to Grandview Speedway, 87 Wilt Road, Bechtelsville, PA 19505. Advance adult tickets are priced at $35 while tickets purchased on race day will be priced at $40. Youngsters 6 through 11 pay $10. Under six are admitted free. Please include a self-addressed envelope to speed delivery. Tickets will not be mailed after September 13.
Lap sponsorships, priced at $20, are presently available. Lap sponsors are included in the special track magazine, public address system announcements and more. In addition sponsorship of qualifying events and special awards are available. Heat races sell for $200. Those interested can contact Ernie Saxton at 215.752.7797 or firstname.lastname@example.org or check in with Tina Rogers or Tommy Kramer at the track.
Coming up next is a doubleheader show of NASCAR 358 Modifieds and Sportsman on Saturday, August 17th. Racing will get the green at 7:30 p.m. with the first of a series of qualifying events topped by a 30-lap feature for the Modifieds and 25-laps for the Sportsman. Adult admission is $15 while youngsters under the age of 12 are admitted free. The Low Down and Dirty Meet & Greet will be a family affair with Dylan, Steve and Ray Swinehart in the spotlight starting at 5 p.m. in the main gate area.
On Thursday, August 22nd a Thunder on the Hill Series doubleheader will be presented featuring Tony Stewart’s Ollie’s Bargain Outlet All Star Circuit of Champions 410 Sprints and 358 Modifieds. Racing will kick off at 7:30 p.m.
For additional information check in at www.grandviewspeedway.com, Facebook or telephone the track at 610.754.7688.
UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR
MODIFIEDS AS OF AUGUST 10, 2019
- Duane Howard, Oley, PA #66/357H 3770****
- Craig Von Dohren, Oley, PA #1C 3696****
- Brett Kressley, Orefield, PA #19K 3409**
- Doug Manmiller, Shoemakersville, PA #44M 3300*
- Rick Laubach, Hellertown, PA #7L 3171
- Jared Umbenhauer, Richland, PA #19/1H 3139
- Jeff Strunk, Boyertown, PA #126 2930***
- Kevin Hirthler, Boyertown, PA #117 2921
- Frank Cozze, Wind Gap, PA #4 2639
- Alex Yankowski, Covington Twp., PA #84Y 2519
- Ryan Grim, Laury’s Station, PA #17 2459
- Louden Reimert, Oley, PA #16 2350
- Kyle Weiss, Hamburg, PA #21K 2290
- Craig Whitmoyer, Hamburg, PA #99 2159
- Tim Buckwalter, Douglassville, PA #23X 2036
- Mike Lisowski, Minersville, PA #15 1983
- Kenny Gilmore, Fleetwood, PA #OG7/14 1862
- Briggs Danner, Allentown, PA #6/78D 1700
- Danny Erb, Boyertown, PA #44 1680
- Clay Butler, Bloomsbury, NJ #4B 1542
- Dylan Swinehart, Fleetwood, PA #81 1490*
- Joe Funk, Coopersburg, PA #14RR 1437
- Ray Swinehart, Perkiomenville, PA#33 1434
- Brett Gilmore, Fleetwood, PA #7 1410
- Ron Kline, Salford, PA #355 1337
- Ryan Lilick, Collegeville, PA #49 1336
- Dan Waisempacher, Springtown, PA #01 1302
- Justin Grim, Orefield, PA #611/61 1237
- Jordan Henn, Kutztown, PA #77H 1190
- Steve Swinehart, Perkiomenville, PA #313 1127
UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR
SPORTSMAN AS OF AUGUST 10, 2019
- Brad Brightbill, Sinking Springs, PA #19 3167***
- Brad Grim, Coplay, PA #13 2894
- Brian Hirthler, Green Lane, PA #4*/117 2881**
- Kyle Lilick, Collegeville, PA #104 2814*
- Mark Kemmerer, Green Lane, PA , #F10 2586
- Jack Butler, Phillipsburg, NJ #5 2576**
- Brad Arnold, Bethel, PA #830 2525
- Kyle Smith, Fleetwood, PA #77 2389
- Dean Bachman, Emmaus, PA #65 2022
- Andrew Kreis, Boyertown, PA #6K 1872
- Jesse Landis Gilbertsville, PA #976 1767
- Brandon Edgar, Lehighton, PA #57 1676*
- Mike Mammana, Nazareth, PA #31 1663
- Lex Shive, Pennsburg, PA #5K 1623
- Ryan Beltz, Barton, PA #221 1613
- Nate Brinker, Allentown, PA #14 1323
- Nathan Mohr, East Greenville, PA #17M 1286*
- Parker Guldin, Fleetwood, PA #11 1282*
- Kenny Bock, Birdsboro, PA #6 1280
- Derrick Smith, Telford, PA#20 1207*
- Josh Adams, Douglassville, PA #44A 1124
- Sean Weiss, Gilbertsville, PA #24 1024*
- Tom Miller, Gilbertsville, PA #77T 979*
- Chris Esposito, Hatfield, PA #31A 927
- Andy Clemmer, Bechtelsville PA #127 888
* denotes feature win (Feature wins listed are only for those that are
NASCAR point events.)