HOWARD AND BRIGHTBILL CONTINUE TO LEAD NASCAR STANDINGS WITH THREE RACES TO GO SATURDAY NIGHT FEATURES MODIFIEDS, SPORTSMAN AND XCEL 600 MODIFIEDSGrandview PR
BECHTELSVILLE, PA AUGUST 27, 2019 . . . Looking to win his first T.P.Trailers NASCAR 358 Modified championships since 2012, and the sixth of his career, Duane Howard continues to set the pace at the top of the Grandview Speedway point standings with 4368 points. In the T.P.Truck Equipment NASCAR Sportsman division Brad Brightbill continues to lead the standings with 3601 points as he looks to grab his first Grandview Speedway title.
Ten time NASCAR 358 Modified champion Craig Von Dohren is second with 3975 points giving him a slight edge over Brett Kressley with 3947. In fourth is veteran Doug Manmiller with 3734 counters. Rick Laubach, winner of his first feature of the season this past Saturday, is back in the top five with 3638. All have been feature winners with Oley, PA based Howard leading the pack with five victories.
Sitting behind Brightbill in the Sportsman standings is former champion Brian Hirthler with 3334 counters. Kyle Lilick holds down third with 3211 points followed by Brad Grim with 3175 tallies and Mark Kemmerer with 2974 points. Brightbill is the leader in feature wins with four.
Seventeen point events have been run in each division with just three more to go. There have been 58 racers participate in the Modifieds with 47 seeing action with the Sportsman.
Another tripleheader show of action packed stock car racing is set for Saturday with a 7:30 p.m. starting time. Included in the excitement will be the T.P.Trailers NASCAR 358 Modifieds, T.P.Truck Equipment Sportsman and a first time visit of the XCEL 600 Modifieds. The weekly Low Down and Dirty Meet & Greet, set for the main gate area at 5 p.m., will include Xcel 600 Modified racers Eric Whitby and Brian Brankenbill along with Hall of Fame Modified racer Frank Cozze. Adults pay $15 while youngsters under 12 are admitted free.
Lap sponsorships and heat race sponsorships for the September 21st Freedom 76 are available $20 for laps and $200 for a heat race. Check in with Tina Rogers or Tommy Kramer at the track. Telephone Ernie Saxton at 267.934.7286 for complete information. Doug Manmiller Electric and Stoudt Auto Sales have signed up to sponsor qualifying heat races while T.P.Trailers and Truck Equipment are sponsoring ten laps.
And don’t forget that advance tickets are on sale for the 49th Annual Freedom 76 set for September 21. Buy in advance and pay $35 while on race day an adult ticket will run $40.
Admission for the Friday, September 20th, Sprint and Sportsman doubleheader, is $12 for adults, $5 for youngsters 6 thru 11 and under 6 are admitted free.
The Freedom 76 has a September 28th rain date while the Friday night event offers no rain date.
Full details on camping, parking, seating and more is available at www.grandviewspeedway.com at the Freedom 76 link. Rules for the race and entry blanks are also available at the same location.
NEW THIS YEAR, THOSE PLANNING TO CAMP on the speedway grounds are advised that campers must be removed from the speedway grounds by the day following the Freedom 76 or it will be towed at the owner’s expense.
UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR
MODIFIEDS AS OF AUGUST 24, 2019
1. Duane Howard, Oley, PA #66/357H 4368*****
2. Craig VonDohren, Oley, PA #1C 3975****
3. Brett Kressley, Orefield, PA #19K 3947**
4. Doug Manmiller, Shoemakersville, PA #44M 3734*
5. Rick Laubach, Hellertown, PA #7L 3638*
6. Jared Umbenhauer, Richland, PA #19/1H 3554
7. Kevin Hirthler, Boyertown, PA #117 3361
8. Jeff Strunk, Boyertown, PA #126 3177***
9. Frank Cozze, Wind Gap, PA #4 2973
10. Alex Yankowski, Covington Twp., PA #84Y 2797
11. Ryan Grim, Laury’s Station, PA #17 2746
12. Louden Reimert, Oley, PA #16 2745
13. Craig Whitmoyer, Hamburg, PA #99 2318
14. Kyle Weiss, Hamburg, PA #21K 2300
15. Kenny Gilmore, Fleetwood, PA #OG7/14 2178
16. Tim Buckwalter, Douglassville, PA #23X 2173
17. Mike Lisowski, Minersville, PA #15 2029
18. Briggs Danner, Allentown, PA #6/78D 2026
19. Dylan Swinehart, Fleetwood, PA #81 1928*
20. Danny Erb, Boyertown, PA #44 1780
21. Brett Gilmore, Fleetwood, PA #7 1705
22. Joe Funk, Coopersburg, PA #14RR 1684
23. Ray Swinehart, Perkiomenville, PA#33 1684
24. Ryan Lilick, Collegeville, PA #49 1614
25. Ron Kline, Salford, PA #355 1603
26 Clay Butler, Bloomsbury, NJ #4B 1542
27. Jordan Henn, Kutztown, PA #77H 1410
28. Richie Hitzler, Lebanon, PA #22 1379
29. Justin Grim, Orefield, PA #611/61 1367
30. Dan Waisempacher, Springtown, PA #01 1302
UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR
SPORTSMAN AS OF AUGUST 24, 2019
1. Brad Brightbill, Sinking Springs, PA #19 3601****
2. Brian Hirthler, Green Lane, PA #4*/117 3334**
3. Kyle Lilick , Collegeville, PA #104 3211*
4. Brad Grim, Coplay, PA #13 3175
5. Mark Kemmerer, Green Lane, PA #F10 2974
6. Brad Arnold, Bethel, PA #830 2930
7. Jack Butler, Phillipsburg, NJ #5 2705**
8. Kyle Smith, Fleetwood, PA #77 2685
9. Dean Bachman, Emmaus, PA #65 2248
10. Andrew Kreis, Boyertown, PA #6K 2097
11. Ryan Beltz, Barto, PA #221 2049
12. Jesse Landis Gilbertsville, PA #976 1944
13. Mike Mammana, Nazareth, PA #31 1913
14. Lex Shive, Pennsburg, PA #5K 1772
15. Kenny Bock, Birdsboro, PA #6 1736
16. Brandon Edgar, Lehighton, PA #57 1676*
17. Parker Guldin, Fleetwood, PA #11 1672**
18. Nate Brinker, Allentown, PA #14 1488
19. Nathan Mohr, East Greenville, PA #17M 1436*
20. Chris Esposito, Hatfield, PA #31A 1314
21. Derrick Smith, Telford, PA#20 1232*
22. Sean Weiss, Gilbertsville, PA #24 1161*
23. Josh Adams, Douglassville, PA #44A 1124
24. Tom Miller, Gilbertsville, PA #77T 1068*
25. Scott Kohler, Boyertown, PA #12S 976
* denotes feature win (Feature wins listed are only for those that are
NASCAR point events.)