VON DOHREN AND GRIM CONTINUE TO LEAD NASCAR POINT STANDINGS AT GRANDVIEW; ANOTHER TRIPLEHEADER SHOW AT GRANDVIEW ON SATURDAY NIGHT; ENDURO AND BLAST FROM THE PAST VINTAGE RACING SET FOR SUNDAYGrandview PR
BECHTELSVILLE, PA June 18, 2019 . . . Two former Grandview Speedway NASCAR Modified champions, Craig Von Dohren and Duane Howard, both from Oley, PA, are locked in a close battle to repeat as champions. With nine races completed Von Dohren, a ten time champion, has three wins and 2274 points while Howard, a five time champion, has two wins and 2120 counters. Grandview newcomer Rick Laubach is third with 2101 points followed by Brett Kressley, a winner of two features good for 1900 points, in fourth and Jared Umbenhauer fifth 1867 tallies.
In the NASCAR Sportsman Brad Grim continues to hold on to first place with 1878 points followed closely by past champion Brian Hirthler who has 1812 points. Brad Brightbill holds on to third spot with 1701 tallies. Kyle Lilick is fourth with 1530 points while Jack Butler holds on to fifth with 1519 counters.
More than 90 racers have earned points in the two divisions of NASCAR competition.
Here is what is coming next at Grandview. Saturday, June 22nd, Wingless Super Sportsman make their first appearance in a tripleheader that also features the T.P.Trailers NASCAR 358 Modifieds and the T.P.Truck Equipment Sportsman plus the qualifying events for all divisions. Northeast Wingless Crate Sprints have been invited to be part of the tripleheader show.
Fans may want to plan to visit the Low Down and Dirty Meet & Greet to meet Wingless Super Sportsman standout Steve Wilbur plus veteran Modified talent Danny Erb and Sportsman racer, a recent feature winner, Derrick Smith. It happens, starting at 5 p.m., at an area near the main entrance and includes their race cars being displayed.
Spectator gates open at 5:30 p.m. with racing getting the green at 7:30 p.m. Adult admission for this tripleheader card is just $15 for adults while youngsters under 12 are admitted free.
On Sunday, June 23, 1 p.m. Outlaw Enduro and Blast from the Past Vintage racing action is the attraction.
And come Saturday, June 29th, the Mid-Atlantic Sprint Series (MASS) returns for their second appearance of the season. The Modifieds, Sportsman and MASS Sprints will top off their great night of racing action in that order with their features after an action packed night of qualifying events. Adult admission will be $18, youngsters 6 through 11 pay just $5 and under 6 are admitted free. Racing gets the green flag at 7:30 p.m.
For more information on racing at Grandview Speedway check in at www.grandviewspeedway.com, Facebook or telephone 610.754.7688.
UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR
MODIFIEDS AS OF JUNE 15, 2019**
- Craig Von Dohren, Oley, PA #1C 2274***
- Duane Howard, Oley, PA #66/357H 2120**
- Rick Laubach, Hellertown, PA #7L 2101
- Brett Kressley, Orefield, PA #19K 1900**
- Jared Umbenhauer, Richland, PA #19/1H 1867
- Kyle Weiss, Hamburg, PA #21K 1860
- Doug Manmiller, Shoemakersville, PA #44M 1796
- Kevin Hirthler, Boyertown, PA #117 1708
- Frank Cozze, Wind Gap, PA #4 1680
- Jeff Strunk, Boyertown, PA #126 1656**
- Craig Whitmoyer, Hamburg, PA #99 1528
- Alex Yankowski, Covington Twp., PA #84Y 1516
- Ryan Grim, Laury’s Station, PA #17 1471
- Louden Reimert, Oley, PA #16 1366
- Tim Buckwalter, Douglassville, PA #23X 1300
- Danny Erb, Boyertown, PA #44 1266
- Mike Lisowski, Minersville, PA #15 1242
- Kenny Gilmore, Fleetwood, PA #OG7/14 971
- Clay Butler, Bloomsbury, NJ #4B 935
- Ray Swinehart, Perkiomenville, PA#33 921
- Ryan Lilick, Collegeville, PA #49 891
- Dan Waisempacher, Springtown, PA #01 869
- Jordan Henn, Kutztown, PA #77H 864
- Justin Grim, Orefield, PA #611/61 820
- Briggs Danner, Allentown, PA #6/78D 804
- Brett Gilmore, Fleetwood, PA #7 774
- Steve Swinehart, Perkiomenville, PA #313 731
- Ron Kline, Salford, PA #355 651
- Dylan Swinehart, Fleetwood, PA #81 547
- Eric Biehn, Barto, PA #87 546
**Includes make up feature.
UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR
SPORTSMAN AS OF JUNE 15, 2019
- Brad Grim, Coplay, PA #13 1878
- Brian Hirthler, Green Lane, PA #4*/117 1812**
- Brad Brightbill, Sinking Springs, PA #19 1701**
- Kyle Lilick, Collegeville, PA #104 1530
- Jack Butler, Phillipsburg, NJ #5 1519*
- Mark Kemmerer, Green Lane, PA, PA #F10 1502
- Kyle Smith, Fleetwood, PA #77 1490
- Brad Arnold, Bethel, PA #830 1427
- Brandon Edgar, Lehighton, PA #57 1310*
- Dean Bachman, Emmaus, PA #65 1275
- Ryan Beltz, Barto, PA #221 1232
- Andrew Kreis, Boyertown, PA #6K 1190
- Nathan Mohr, East Greenville, PA #17M 992*
- Nate Brinker, Allentown, PA #14 888
- Derrick Smith, Telford, PA#20 838*
- Kenny Bock, Birdsboro, PA #6 819
- Lex Shive, Pennsburg, PA #5K 818
- Andy Clemmer, Bechtelsville PA #127 806
- Mike Mammana, Nazareth, PA #31 782
- Jesse Landis, Gilbertsville, PA #976 777
- Josh Adams, Douglassville, PA #44A 770
- Scott Kohler, Boyertown, PA #12S 734
- Aaron Bowes, Nazareth, PA #4 704
- Parker Guldin, Fleetwood, PA #11 691*
- Joe Vaccaro, Reading, PA #38 608
* denotes feature win (Feature wins listed are only those that are
NASCAR point events.)